God created Adam and noticed that everything he made was good except for Adam, he was all alone. So God caused him to fall asleep and took out one of his ribs and created a helpmeet suitable for him. When Adam woke up he noticed Eve and called her woman because she was created from man, flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone. Since that day they were together, husband and wife – one.
When Adam was busy giving all the animals and plants names he noticed he was alone, there was nobody suitable for him. Adam was missing his helpmeet, maybe missing love. Genesis 2:20-25
How do you feel in your single life? Do you feel you are missing love? Are you waiting for your God ordained mate and stand still while waiting?
As you can see from the story of Adam, Adam was a very busy man. He was working hard for God, he was not sitting idle consuming himself with the thoughts of a wife. No Adam was working hard in fulfilling the task God had given him. Adam was obedient to God and God blessed Adam while Adam was fulfilling God’s will in his life.
Now don’t you think we should do the same? As Adam we should know the task God assigned to us and we should be working hard on fulfilling that task for God. If incase you don’t know your task it’s time to find out. Why do you need a companion if you don’t even know what you are supose to do for God?
Also note that Adam was close to God and was receiving love from God. Adam was placing God first in his life. God understood Adam’s desires especially because Adam had a close relationship with God.
When Adam finished his assigned tasks, it’s then that God looked at Adam and caused him to fall asleep and Eve was created.
Eve was sleeping after she was created and it was Adam who woke up finding Eve. Adam recognized Eve as his woman. Eve never went on a search for Adam, God brought them together.
Now if you are missing love it’s problably because your relationship with God is not where it needs to be. We should never want to fill up an empty space created for God with another person, God wants to be first in our lives. Outside of God love will not work as it supose to work because God is love and love comes from God. We love because God loves us first 1 John 4:19
The bible also says that we should love our neighbors as ourselves, we’ll do you love yourself? I’m not talking about pride and I’m not asking you how many men you can get, that has nothing to do with you loving yourself. Do YOU love yourself? You don’t know how? Well let’s look up God word on that.
1. Proverbs 19:8 – Whoever gets sense loves his own soul; he who keeps understanding will discover good.
2. 1 Timothy 4:12 – Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
3.Ephesians 5:29 – For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church
4. Romans 13:8-10 – Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
5. Ephesians 2:10 – For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
6. John 15:9 – As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
7. 1 John 2:3-5 – And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him.
Well so do you love yourself? Above are just some verses, however the bible has more. If you do not love yourself in a healthy way, I suggest you pray about it and ask God for wisdom and bible verses you can use.
Do you know what you want in a partner? Yes?? You have a very long list with requirements? Well make sure you are everything yourselve on each item you have on that list. Have something to work on, or better to change the list a little? Pray about it, keep God involved have a very close relationship with him Because God truly cares.
What about standards? Do you have standards – yes? Are the standards you have in accordance with the bible? You don’t know what standards the bible has?
1. 1 Timothy 5:22 – Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, nor take part in the sins of others; keep yourself pure.
2. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 – Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
3. Proverbs 4:23 – Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
4. 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 – Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?
5. 1 Corinthians 15:33 – Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
6. Mark 12:30 – and you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’
7. Amos 3:3 – Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
Again these are just some bible verses, however very important for you to follow and for you to use to see if a certain person could be the right one. For example a man trying to sleep with you before marriage is not the one for you. Yes you can become pregnant from him become his baby mama, run the house by cooking and cleaning and so on, however he is not the one – he is not your man. Your man will value you and know that a good wife is hard to find and more valuable than rubies (Proverbs 31:10) because he fears the Lord and because of his conection to God he recognizes when a woman is in God. He would not dare lead you the wrong way because remember you are flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone, created by God. God standards were created to protect us and not to hurt us, God’s ways are best.
There is this saying that states: go find your better halve 🤔🤔🤔 Uhm well so people only want a person to be halve good, halve ready, halve saved, halve anything? I think it’s pretty clear from the bible verses we just read that each person needs to be a whole person on their own in God. The bible says two people come together and become one it does not say two better halves come together and become one.
I believe that we should enjoy our single season. Get to know God, get to know yourself, get to know your purpose – work on becoming whole because once married it will bring a bunch of things of its own ( healthy own if married with the right person, the wrong person so much more trouble)
1 Corinthians 7:33-35 – But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.
You see being single is your time to spend with God and your time to spend time with people to show them the love of God. Do you still believe you miss love and that God has maybe forgotten you? Well look at below verses.
1. Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
John 3-16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Enjoy the time God has you in, God knows what’s best for your life. Love God, love yourself and love others be busy carrying out the purpose God created you for and trust in God with all your heart and soul. Be blessed.
God loves you much❤️
Saludos Romy Ras